On Jan 18, 2008 9:08 AM, Jim Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Only high-level members of the church, "Clears" are given that information
> and by that time they'll essentially believe anything.  To be honest
> despite
> its modern sci-fi wrappings the stories of Scientology aren't any more or
> illogical than the stories in most religions.  I mean what's more
> believable: that space plans the size of DC-10's carried a billion dead
> alisn to Earth or that a guy built a boat that carried two of every animal
> and thus saved everything from a world-wide flood?

I take serious issue with this comparison.

Jim, most Christian religions use the story of the great flood as a parable
to teach, not as a historical fact or as a matter of canon.

Yes, the fundies will believe in the ark as an historical fact, but you
didn't specify that. You were indicting the entire religion on this belief.
That's not right.

--
If there's one thing in my life that's missing
It's the time that I spend alone