H.-

an excellent post, IMHO
I completely agree with you.

-Ben

P.S.
I am pleased to see that they are *beginning* to address character
development (individually and collectively). (Plus the actors are growing
into their roles.)

We forget this is the first season, and it is a "prequel", and we had 3
years of Kirk's crew, 7 years of Picard's, and 7 of Janeway's to compare
against.