I doubt that's the chain... that's some employee-printed signage if I ever
saw it. ;^)

It doesn't have the logo, doesn't use the "Best Buy" typeface and doesn't
actually offer any deal.  It's not official.

For what it's worth I used to do this all the time when I worked at
7-Eleven... not with dead folk, but just making up signs and putting them on
the counter.

We once got in, by mistake, something like 35 cans of "Potted Meat Food
Product" - the stuff was hilarious in so many ways.  I put up a sign at the
register exclaiming its virtues.  In bold type it exclaimed "The only Potted
Meat Food Product to contain Partially Defatted Cooked Pork Fatty Tissue!"
(this was actually in the ingredients list).  There was also a recipe on the
back of the can for "Party Pleasers"... my sign mentioned that as well.

I actually sold quite a few cans to the college kids coming in.

I did others too... but none were quite so memorable.

Jim Davis