First off my comment was about military actions that involved US
interests, there have been many, and those countries did nothing to
effect the security of the US directly, regardless of UN sanctioning of
the events, the UN has no say over what we as a sovereign nation do, as
you saw in Iraq.

No invasion of Kosovo?  Ok bud, keep thinking that. I know plenty that
were boots on the ground that would totally disagree.

The 2/505th PIR (my former unit, C co) did a forced entry air assault
from Albania into Kosovo, and received the spearhead (invasion) device
on their kosovo LIBERATION awards.  Kosovo which was a part of
Yugoslavia at the time.

The 65 JUMP into the Dominican Republic is the point I was trying to
make.  We jumped the 82nd Airborne into a sovereign nation just to make
a point.  They just learned faster than the hadjis is all.

You can tell the guys from the 82nd Airborne that rigged to jump on
Haiti that we didn't push out the bad guys simply with the threat of
preemptive unilateral invasion.

I don't think we're posturing with Iran or trying to kick off a war,
just let them know that we're not going to take their shit.  I mean hell
they had fast boats ride assault lines on the aircraft carrier group we
have their and announce that they would attack in minutes.

How are we posturing?  The UN and all the anti-proliferation groups
agree that they have a program in place, to be honest I don't even care
about that.  I'm more concerned with their activities in places like
Lebanon, Iraq and Afghanistan, not to mention their continued support of
terror groups world wide, even including narco-terror groups in South
America.

Look at a map, if we do have to go to war with Iran we already have
bases and massed troops on their borders, two of their borders, they are
essentially surrounded, with our control of the seas and the air they
would be unable to conduct resupply operations.

Something to realize, we are not close to having even half of our
soldiers deployed at any one time.  During WW2 we had close to 80% of
the men in uniform in theater 24/7 365.  We are still very much capable
of this.  I wouldn't complain about being deployed for 5 or 6 years if
thats what it takes, my grandfather was gone for almost 6 years in total.