On Feb 7, 2008 11:13 AM, Gruss Gott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> He added Muslims
> should not have to choose between "the stark alternatives of cultural
> loyalty or state loyalty".

I wholly reject that notion. State laws are derived from the dominant
culture present within. The laws should strive to respect other cultures
where possible. However, there will be areas where the law must be very
clear...and if a particular subculture of that state violates that
law....the options are really twofold:

1) remain and break the law and face the consequences or
2) move to a state (country) who's laws more fit your culture

There are many areas where laws can be flexible to allow for cultural
differences. For instance, Christian worship services feed wine to children
as young as second grade. That's technically against the law. If Muslim
services had something similar, I'm sure it could be granted the same pass.

But the kind of bunk this guy is talking about amounts to cultural
relativism....the idea that there are no objective moral truths. Once you
start admitting that, it is the TRUE definition of slippery slope. I can
murder anyone I want, blame it on my culture, and there wouldn't be a damn
thing you could do about it.

Grrr....i'm too riled up right before lunch. You troll!!!

--
It was dark all around
There was frost on the ground