Rehashing old nonsense?
I'm guessing your talking about this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/13/AR2005101301688.html

George W. Bush and the G-Word
By Al Kamen
Friday, October 14, 2005; Page A17
The reemergence of the controversy that President Bush allegedly told
Palestinian leaders that God told him to invade Afghanistan and then
Iraq is not the only time that his comments regarding God have sparked
confusion.

In July 2004, he stopped to campaign with some Amish folks at Lapp
Electric Service in Smoketown, Pa. Just as the meeting ended, Bush,
according to Mennonite Weekly Review columnist Jack Brubaker, told the
group: "I trust God speaks through me. Without that I couldn't do my
job." This also produced White House denials that Bush used those
words.

Loop Fans will recall that the Palestinian kerfuffle began in June
2003, when an Israeli paper reported that former Palestinian prime
minister Mahmoud Abbas said Bush told the Palestinian leaders: "God
told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he
instructed me to strike at Saddam Hussein, which I did."

The White House declined to clarify, but the Israeli reporter at the
time read what he said were the Palestinians' minutes of the meeting
to an Arabic-speaking colleague here. Our colleague's translation was
different: "God inspired me to hit al Qaeda, and so I hit it. And I
had the inspiration to hit Saddam, and so I hit him."

Substantially different, we felt. Moreover, this is Abbas's account in
Arabic of what Bush said in English, written down by a note-taker in
Arabic and then put back into English.

The newest uproar was sparked by a BBC documentary airing this week in
which Palestinian negotiator Nabil Shaath says Bush said during that
meeting that he was "driven with a mission from God."

"President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from
God. God would tell me, George, go and fight those terrorists in
Afghanistan. And I did, and then God would tell me, George, go and end
the tyranny in Iraq. . . . And I did." This sounds much like the
original Haaretz version. Bush then allegedly said God had now told
him to "go get the Palestinians their state."

This time there is a response: "We checked contemporaneous notes from
the meeting with President Abbas and did not find a single reference
to God," a senior administration official told us. "The closest thing
we could find that the president said is: 'My government and I
personally are committed to the vision of a Palestinian state.' "

Back in 2004, a White House spokesman told Mennonite Weekly columnist
Brubaker that Bush "likely talked about his own faith," as he often
does, but did not say God speaks through him.

Brubaker, in a follow-up column, said he checked with his source, an
Amish reporter, who rechecked with attendees and had gotten different
wording from several of them. "But Bush has said similar things on
other occasions," Brubaker noted, citing B ob Woodward's "Plan of
Attack," where Bush says he's "surely not going to justify the war
based on God . . . Nevertheless . . . I pray I be as good a messenger
of his will as possible."

" 'Messenger of his will [or] God speaks through me,' " Brubaker
wrote. "The difference seems rather fine."

The question is, how is it that Bush so confuses groups as diverse as
the Palestinians and the Amish? Is it the Andover-Texas accent?