Michael-

back in the late 70's-early 80's, the IBM 370-series mainframes used water
cooling.

They had pipes running through the system with 43 degree F water. Memory on
the system was mounted in "Thermal Conduction Modules" which used
metal-to-metal contact with the chilled water pipes to remove heat.

One time we had to bring down the whole corporate mainframe because the
water chiller on the roof of the office building failed.  "You are the
weakest link."

-Ben