I actually just started using IMAP with Outlook for my business email.
I host my domain email (sumoc.com) at Google and they offer both IMAP
and POP.  The coolest thing about IMAP for me was that you can build
folders and they will show up in all your Outlook clients the same way
and anything you drag from one folder into another will show up that way
across all machines.  This means my laptop, desktop, and Treo all have
the same folder structure and I can maintain my mail in any of the three
locations.  POP won't give you this.

Also, if you are using Google for your email, all your labels become
IMAP folders, so you can use the Gmail web interface to maintain your
folders / mail too.

I recently started using hosted Exchange with Handy Networks (via your
recommendation), but I only use it for syncing contact and calendar
information.  I still use GMail for my email cause IMAP w/Gmail it's so
damn cool!

-Cameron