I was listening to Diane Rehms this morning and the topic was the
"true cost" of the Iraq war.  The point was brought up that 1) no
other president in history has championed tax cuts during a war, they
were almost exclusively the other way, 2) All of this war is being
funded on credit whereas other wars have been funded in some part by
taxes, 3) Unless you are a serviceman or related to a serviceman, you
have in no way had to give up anything for this war.

Seems to me that if the republicans really believed in this war and
thought it was just and deserved, they wouldn't mind paying for it.