From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 2 May 2008 4:59 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: I did not know this

Most people don't know that back in 1912, Hellmann's mayonnaise
was manufactured in England .  In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000
jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico ,
which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop
in New York

This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise
ever delivered to Mexico ..  But as we know, the great ship did not make
it to New York . The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was
forever lost.

The people of Mexico , who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were
eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their
anguish was so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning,
which they still observe to this day.

The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is
known, of course, as Sinko De Mayo.

--
this message was not sent from my iPhone.  If I had an iPhone, I
probably would have used it to send this email.