From: Larry Lyons [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 3:33 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: McCain may not be eligible for the presidency

That's to be decided, but from what I understand apparently not. That's one
of the reasons why the US has the status of forces agreements with most
countries where there's a US base, so that US laws apply to american
personnel on US bases. The state department seems to think that US forces
bases are not american territory, from the article:

>According to a State Department manual, U.S. military installations abroad
>cannot be considered "part of the United States" and "A child born on the
>premises of such a facility is not subject to the jurisdiction of the
United
>States and does not acquire U.S. citizenship by reason of birth."

So it would be very interesting to see how this plays out.