The Declaration of Independence has no force of law in the US.   The
constitution has no mention of God or religion beyond the 1st
amendment statement Congress shall make no law respecting an
establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.
The founding fathers had no intention of establishing a "christian"
nation and were quite vocal on that point.