"The doctrines thus delivered we call the revealed or divine law, and they are
to be found only in the holy scriptures ... [and] are found upon comparison to
be really part of the original law of nature. Upon these two foundations, the
law of nature and the law of revelation, depend all human laws; that is to say,
no human laws should be suffered to contradict these. William Blackstone
(Federer, p.52)

Follow this link to see how much Blackstone influenced our laws and the
constitution:
http://www.history1700s.com/articles/article1121.shtml