> Cam wrote:
> Bue Horseshoe loves Anacot Steel

Now you're changing the subject on me.  That always seems to happen
when an Iraq supporter is asked to recite the mission ... but anyway

Here's my take:

The financialization of the economy started in the 70s.  Deregulation
and the "chicago school" have ruled ever since, supported by Democrats
and Republicans alike.

Myself included, I might add.

I'm embarrassed to say, I'm changing my tune.  In fact, I'm going to
have to admit that Dana - who won't see this so I feel less chagrined
- was right about a few things.

I've always followed that great "well regulated" market school, but
I've always favored de-regulation of the economy.  Well, that's a fuck
up.

The airlines is a great example of where it works.  And a harbinger of
how it will work with health care.

But the more macro things, like banking, cannot be unregulated.  it's
as simple as that.

Wall Street created the mess we're in (with mortgages) and the
government let them do it.  Now the taxpayer is going to have to bail
out the banks.  What a cock up.  Time for some serious regulation of
BOTH banking systems AND Wall Street.

Take Phil Gramm and his wife.  They created Enron!

And he *was* John McCain's TOP Financial adviser.  Gives you a little
preview of how much McCain knows.

He really is Bush II.  Not so much because of his policies, but
because he shares Bush's talent to majorly fuck up and then do the
right thing after it doesn't matter any more.

I think for President we should pick someone who gets it right the first time.