> Yeah but they are not as prevalent as they are in Iraq.
>
> Larry Lyons wrote:
> > You haven't been paying attention to what's been happening there
> lately, most of the casualties lately have been from suicide bombings
> and IED's.

Until recently the taliban and the drug lords have discovered that they cannot
stand up to the US and NATO forces directly. So they've trying the same tactics
as was used in Iraq. Not surprising since according to what I've read the many
of the taliban's operational cadre went over to Iraq for training over the last
3 years. It was only recently that they've again been trying to attack forward
bases, with that recent mostly successful assault on that US base in one of the
eastern provinces. Perhaps there should be an equivalant to the surge in
Afghanistan.