> > How could stopping terrorists support be a failure?
> > Iran and Syria are another part of the Axis of Evil that that had
> nothing to do with Iraq.
>
> Because you make another problem way WAY worse.

Do you know any history of Iran?

> Your question is exactly why it's critically important to have goals
> and measures: something the Bush administration has consistently
> failed to provide (as has every supporter of the Iraq invasion).
>
> If you don't know what you're trying to accomplish, you don't, and
> convoluted logic arguments like the one you just made become possible.
>

> We, as a nation, must understand the variables we're trying to change
> and our actions do or don't so we know what to do next.
>
> We didn't, we don't, and we don't.
>
> That why in eliminating a small supported we've exacerbated other
> supporters and actual "actors" by 10s or orders of magnitude.
>
> It's a fact: Iran, Syria, Hamas, and Hezbollah are at unprecedented
> levels of strength and influence.

Al Qaeda also would've been if we didn't slow them down. You think we should
have gone to war with Iran also? Or do you think we should have stayed out of
the Mid-East and they’d all love us now?

> Thus the question becomes simple:
>
> * would we rather have a weak Iraq, Iran, Syria, Hamas, and Hezbollah
>
> or
>
> * would we rather have a trillion dollar debacle in Iran along with a
> metastasized Iran, Syria, Hamas, and Hezbollah.
>
> The answer is self-evident as well as the conclusion of the tactic of
> invading Iraq: failure.

So does this mean you concede Iraq was sponsoring terrorism but your position
is we should have let them be because it's not worth the fight?