You missed the point of the question.
McCain was asked how many houses he had and didn't know the answer. I believe
his wife owns them all and most are investments. She probably buys his shoes
too.
The Obama campaign used a three pronged personal attack.
1. He's senile
2. He can't count that high
3. He's so wealthy and out of touch he can't even be bothered to count his
money or houses.

He responded to the third with:
1. Being in the military he moved a lot and prison was his longest stay in one
location.
2. He's not an elitist; he lived five years suffering a fate much worse than
any poor family in the US.