So, today we got briefed on where we are going and our mission. Although
I cannot get into specifics I can tell you this.
We are heading into an area where there are three battalions in the
battle space. They are leaving, and only our battalion is going to
replace them. We are augmenting the Iraqi Police and Iraqi Army who are
currently running the security for the area. I can tell you that where
we are going is a pretty large city (not Baghdad) and this is a HUGE
accomplishment from when I was there in '05. Back then the IA would
cower any time they were shot at and the IP were about as corrupt as the
cops in TJ or Juraez. Now they are taking over what was our job, which
is great news because this means that we are on the way to getting the
job done. I am stoked about going more than ever because as long as the
IA and the IP continue to hold their own, we can concentrate more of our
efforts towards helping the people of this area and contributing to
their well being and making their city a better place for them to live.
The sad part is none of this will ever make it to the MSM, ever. Sad.

Bruce