I was leaning heavily towards McCain this cycle - mostly due to the goodwill
he bought from the 2000 cycle.  But I think he's lost me at this point.

No matter how you feel about the topic, specifically just consider how he
answers the question:

http://atheistmedia.blogspot.com/2008/07/john-mccain-on-gay-adoption.html

In short, he doesn't: he doesn't even mention the primary words of the
question in his answer.  He continually infers that "two parent families"
are important while leaving to inference the sex of the parents.  He couches
everything in an evasive, shifting manner which leaves us with no answer and
no real method of referring to his feelings on the subject.

I'm predicting the debates this time around are going to be, at least as far
as evaluating McCain essentially useless.

Of course Obama's evasions on policies have become clichéd as well... but
dammit, at least he answers direct questions!  Hell, sometimes he even
admits that he doesn't know!

Jim Davis