Odd how wired left out a bit from the article it quoted:

In an interview Thursday, Palin said she meant only to say that
discussion of alternative views should be allowed to arise in Alaska
classrooms:

"I don't think there should be a prohibition against debate if it
comes up in class. It doesn't have to be part of the curriculum."

She added that, if elected, she would not push the state Board of
Education to add such creation-based alternatives to the state's
required curriculum.

Members of the state school board, which sets minimum requirements,
are appointed by the governor and confirmed by the Legislature.

"I won't have religion as a litmus test, or anybody's personal opinion
on evolution or creationism," Palin said.