> Billy wrote:
> +10 for the article, but I have to make one observation...

Yeah, great article.

But compare Michele Obama's "I'm not asking for a hand out, I'm asking
for an opportunity" type of both feminism and racism to Palin's.

I don't think you can fault Palin for not setting out to X; who among
us really knows what we truly want to do at 20?  or 25?

The fault is that she did not set out to be excellent.  That alone is
not a killer, but it's relevant.

Michele Obama set out to be excellent.  She is both feminine and
powerful.  Her credentials are impeccable and she, unlike any of us,
set out to be excellent and spent her time trying to find herself
doing excellent things.

That's what makes her powerful; she chooses to be a mom and work at a
hospital; she chooses to support her husband and put his career first;
she choose a powerful man to marry; but there is no doubt that this
woman is enormously powerful in her own right.

The role model for the modern woman should be Michele.  Be excellent,
create choice, live freely.

If Michele Obama arrives announced and unknown in a Fortune 50 CEO's
office, he or she is scared.  If she arrives at her Senator's office,
he's scared.  She exudes power, intelligence, and determination.

Sarah?  Well, if I was a CEO she wouldn't scare me.

So if I'm choosing one of them to have my daughter emulate, it's damn
well going to be Michele.