doesn't this fall under infrastructure? I.e, something taxes are
*supposed* to do? I don't see why a bridge should have to be
self-supporting. Sounds like a recipe for more interstate bridge
collapses to me. On the other hand, this sounds like more of a
regional issue to me, so it probably should have been paid for with
state not federal funds. But that might have reduced the size of the
rebate that got sent out. Ah, the dilemmas.