ah.. didn't know about this because the description on direct tv didn't say
it was the special edition but I was wondering why it was 3hrs 15mins.. I
know there were commercials but jeez

-----Original Message-----
From: Charlie Griefer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 8:09 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Star Wars

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Scott Raley -ITC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Anyone watching SPIKE last night Return of the Jedi?  Notice the ending
was
> changed after the battle was over they changed the end instead of seeing
> fireworks just at Endor, they show a few other planets celebrating and
then
> back to Endor to see Luke where he see's images of yoda, obi wan and his
> father, his father's image was updated to not be an old man but to be the
> young darth vader from the end of star wars 3 (Hayden Christensen).
Nothing
> in the movie description said anything about it being a modified movie.

that was one of the changes lucas made in the 'special edition'.  each of
the original trilogy movies has these 'special editions' where stuff was
touched up (some of the fx are cleaner), and shit was added (greedo shooting
first, a scene with han and jabba in episode 4, and the ending of episode 6
that you made reference to, among others).

--
I have failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my life. I love my
wife. And I wish you my kind of success.