I just saw The Verdict again a couple of days ago.

I remember an interview many years ago when he was at the height of his
enthusiasm for racing, and he was asked what he thought were the most
beautiful things he'd ever experienced.  One of them was "The sound of a
Cosworth racing engine."  I just said, "My man."  If you've ever heard one
perfectly tuned, it really does have a unique perfection to it, like
mechanical poetry, both on the bench and travelling past you at 145 mph.

And to think: this guy sold billions of dollars worth of the highest quality
products in the free market, and donated every bit of the profits and
royalties, totaling more than a quarter billion dollars, to worthy charities
and philanthropic institutions.

And from what I understand, his love for his wife, Joanne Woodward, knew no
bounds.  You could always tell they were in love in every movie they ever
made together -- even when they were supposed to be enemies like in Empire
Falls, or temporary adversaries like in The Long Hot Summer.  And she still
lights up whatever room she walks into.  I just hope her grieving becomes
manageable very soon.

Do you all remember that charity auction they attended a couple decades ago
where Joanne vamped it up modeling a very expensive fur coat that was on the
auction block, he bought it for some huge sum, then donated it back to be
auctioned off a second time -- all so he could see his wife "do her thing"
in it?  Now that's class.

A class act that none are sure to follow any time soon.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
President
Productivity Enhancement