http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/26/debate.mississippi.transcript/

LEHRER: All right, let's go back to my question. How do you all stand
on the recovery plan? And talk to each other about it. We've got five
minutes. We can negotiate a deal right here.

OBAMA: Well, I think Senator McCain's absolutely right that we need
more responsibility, but we need it not just when there's a crisis. I
mean, we've had years in which the reigning economic ideology has been
what's good for Wall Street, but not what's good for Main Street.

And there are folks out there who've been struggling before this
crisis took place. And that's why it's so important, as we solve this
short-term problem, that we look at some of the underlying issues that
have led to wages and incomes for ordinary Americans to go down, the
-- a health care system that is broken, energy policies that are not
working, because, you know, 10 days ago, John said that the
fundamentals of the economy are sound.