On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Maureen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The root of this entire mess is the Gramm-Leach-Biley Act which
> allowed banks and brokerage firms to marry.  The spin is that
> legislation passed by Carter and Clinton forced sub-prime loans to be
> made to people who couldn't afford them.  There is some truth in that,
> but Bush and Republicans had a number of years to fix that legislation
> and failed to do so.

Watch starting 10 minutes in... Clinton kinda shows a different side... I
can understand. There was a shortage of things to invest in so real estate
was all that was left so they chomped it to pieces... Now the funny thing
is... You can't chop real estate up like they do corporations so the market
was doomed to fail... Ohhh
Former President Bill Clinton stops by the show to pay Jon a visit.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/36252/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-tue-sep-23-2008#s-p1-so-i0