I 100% echo Powell's sentiment on this subject.  Barack Obama was an
American running for President who just happened to be black.  I (and I
think millions of others) voted for him because he was a good candidate, not
because I did or did not want a black man in the highest office in the land.

It irks me every time someone cheapens the accomplishment by making it about
race.  Like that freakin guy on CNN last night who kept bringing it back to
that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very very happy that we as a nation have moved far
enough along that we approved and elected a black president, but I'm kinda
already sick of hearing about it.  I want to forget about that and move on
with fixing what the last 8 years seems to have systematically ruined.