>  "I would like to adopt someday, thank you. I think if you adopt, you
> really have to go brown with it because otherwise you don't get the
> credit."
>
> - Sarah Silverman

I'm trying to read some sense into that statement.  There are few
areas where comedy just "isn't right", and IMO adoption is a big one.
Maybe it's because my best friend and his wife have been trying to
close the adoption of their foster-son in Florida.  Maybe it's because
another good friend is adopted and fought for years to find his birth
parents.

"Go Brown or you don't get the credit"?  Adoptive and foster families
don't get enough credit for opening their homes and hearts to children
of all ages who have been put through a bureaucratic nightmare without
so much as an explanation in most cases.

(*sigh*) I'm done for now.