From: Matthew Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 6:16 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: 24 inch monitor advice

I am looking to get a new monitor. I want a really, really good one and I am
willing to spend the money for it. Which monitor provides the best picture
without an outrageous price?

I am leaning towards a 24" as that seems to be the best balance and it has a
resolution that I think I will be able to use.

I want to be able to game down the line, but for now most of my time will be
spent on the internet and doing web design. I was considering these models:

SAMSUNG T240HD which newegg has for $459.99
SAMSUNG TOC T240 which newegg has for $429.99
Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP which dell has for $517.00

I also saw that Dell has a "double sight" display:
DoubleSight Displays
24" Wide Screen LCD Monitor, adjustable stand for $549.99

I'm not sure what the deal is with the "double sight display".

So what would you go with? Is there better out there? I am willing to spend
more if it is worth it, but these seem to be reasonably priced.  If I had to
buy one right now, I think I would go with the Dell UltraSharp.  I would
prefer to buy local in case of dead pixels, but best buy doesn't carry the
monitor.  Are there other options?

I would really appreciate any input.

Thanks!