>I also want to add I can't fully endorse SlingBox, due to limited
>experience, but I've been impressed enough by what I saw that I'm going to
>buy one as soon as I get an HDTV.  CNBC on my desktop is definitely in my
>future.

And you can also get a mobile player to watch on a smartphone, which kind of
requires a data plan with 3G access (or wifi) for decent quality). But far
better than paying monthly fees for mobile TV service, if it's something you
are interested in.

You can also look at the Hava boxes, which are very similar and have some other
cool features. I got one to review from Amazon that has wireless capability,
and overall pretty happy with it although the setup was not nearly as easy as a
Slingbox, due to some weird requirements it had for not being on the router
until you set up the direct connection for the desktop first. But it also can
record video to your computer, a feature Slingbox to my knowledge does not
have.