That's just the nature of job listings man. People hear "job", and they
automatically think "paycheck", and everything else just becomes secondary.

My boss does a great job here of filtering out the losers and hiring good
people...but even he's been duped a few times and hired people who simply
cannot do the job. They are fired within a few months, but by then they've
already collected a couple of paychecks...which is what they were after all
along I guess?

I dunno, I just don't understand that kind of thinking....but it seems
commonplace.