I've been messing around with my workstation to get it set up.
Originally it came with RedHat EL5 which lasted a couple of days
before I formatted over it.  There were several little things about RH
that just didn't seem to work right.

It took me a little bit of trial and error to set up Ubuntu because of
the mobo based raid controller I was using, but after download the
"alternate" install disk, everything went swimmingly.

I started to download VMWare server (the free version) so that I could
run my vm's under it, but found KVM.  I must say that KVM is really
kick ass.  I think one of the neatest things about it is the fact that
it can be run from the command line.  Want to spool up WinXp for a
quick operation:

kvm -hda winxp.img -no-reboot

and that will pop up a window running WinXp on your linux desktop, no
really knowing what's going on in the background.   At first, they
weren't running near as fast as they did on vmware, but after I
realized that the cpu virtualization features were disabled in the
bios, I think the vm's might just run a little faster than vmware was
running them (I had installed vmware when RH was still on the system)

Oh, and the wobbly windows and cube desktop can keep me entertained
for hours.

--
Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead; sometimes
you’re behind; the race is long, and in the end it’s only with yourself.