> As I mentioned in another thread, the repeal of the Mexico City Policy
> (more properly known at the Global Gag Rule) does not end up with any
> federal funding for abortions. The Hyde Amendment has ensured for the
> last 30 years that federal money cannot go to pay for abortions.
>
> The Mexico City Policy banned money going to groups that discussed
> abortion as an option or made referrals to providers. It had nothing
> to do with the US funding abortions.

Read the text of the Memo that I posted, as I read it, the second
paragraph specifically states that funding will be granted for
"efforts to promote safe and effective voluntary family planning
programs in foreign nations."

Saying that the money's going to groups that promote abortion but not
going to the actual medical procedure is splitting hairs in my book.