From: C. Hatton Humphrey [mailto:chumph...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 1:36 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: lefties forming new group to push Democrats farther left

> If we can change our system around so that more than 2 parties are
> viable then we wouldn't have this issue so much. On the other side of
> the aisle, look for primary challenges to the three Republican
> Senators that voted for the stimulus bill.

This is something that a lot of people are saying - the biggest
problem with third parties is the fact that the congressional rules,
power distributions and differentiation has been built based entirely
on the two-party system.  You don't see anything about political
parties in the Constitution and yet politics in America as been, with
a few exceptions, based on two parties.

I originally thought that this year's election would drive more people
to the Progressive and Conservative parties and increase their voting
base.  That might have triggered a rewrite of the congressional rules.
 Doesn't look like that happened.  Then again, I had hoped that this
election would have been an incumbent killer and that didn't happen
either.