On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Gruss Gott <grussg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Grant wrote:
> >
> > Supposedly friends.
> >

> Some people just have self-esteem issues and don't like looking
> someone in the eye.
>
> I have to say I'm kinda sick of the this-means-that when it comes to
> greetings these days:
>
> There's the fist bump, the fist pound, the high fivin white guy, and
> the multi-shake.
>
> The TSA ... search ...

Two of my personal favs... The Snap and Claw.

Snap has multiple entry angles, and normal handshake oddities. Many are
these are subdued because, if their thinking what you are... It's all about
the snap. Focus now, and you can't practice the snap by yourself so better
know what the heck is going on here.

Initiation of the snap itself is always a delicate manovuer. you really need
to either make eye contact or know it's and option from the get go... The
mug could pull a quick one here as well, gotta be ready for it, don't want
preemptive snaps floating around.

I find a consistent flow helps out with the snap. Like a 123, 12345, We're
talking a multi-shake here not a secrete handshake, anything over 5 I'll
label you cult.

123 - Shake, back for the thumb wrestling position 2 for lack of better
term, into the snap.
12345 - 123 above, back for a fist pound, then the poof vanish.

The claw, well it's the claw... careful with rings here, as you are
interlocking fingers in this shake. Outside of this, you don't just attempt
a claw unless you know it's an option. even then, same thinking comes into
play here because interlocking fingers on a shake ain't no laughing matter.