> RoMunn wrote:
> Oh great, so now we're going to make cars. I'm sure the government will be
> just as good at that as it is at everything else.

These 20th century talking points are sounding increasing warmed over
and irrelevant:

(1.) It's the business-driven (via lobbyists) government policy that's broken.
In other words, in case you hadn't noticed, we've spent the last 30
years not only loosening and eliminating business regulation, but
creating business-driven government.  And it's been done using your
talking points such as the one above.

Result?  An entire industry that's totally failed to compete.  How's
that for a market failure?

(2.) Business has failed in such a large and spectacular way that
government has no choice but to take over.
In other words, the kids asked to left home alone and totally proved
themselves unworthy of the responsibility.

(3.) Generational failure.
I'm a partisan, but not Republican or Democrat, boomer vs gen X.
We're seeing the complete failure of our parents generation to lead
this country.

I see the Financial Crisis, amongst our other institutional failures,
as a failure of a generation - the Baby Boomers be they Democrats,
Republicans, or Independents.

Our parents have literally failed us, leaving us with a disaster of country.