On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Robert Munn <cfmuns...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And yet even Obama's team, in private, acknowledges that the techniques
> brought good information, even preventing the "second wave" attacks on LA:

We also got a bunch of wild goose chases that diverted resources away
from traditional intelligence. As that same Breitbart article
mentions, we don't know if we would have gotten the same "high value"
intel through other means or not. We do know, for certain, that we got
a huge amount of crap that was treated and touted as "high value" but
was a total waste of time.

I'm sure that on occasion torture produces results, even results you
want. History has shown us, however, that the torture produces a large
volume of unreliable information. Given the moral and political
problems with torture, I just don't see how you can justify the use of
torture. The calculus just doesn't work out in its favor, even on a
practical amoral basis.

Judah