On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Vivec   wrote:

> http://www.speedtest.net/result/459436078.png
> You need to actually not test a local server though, test one that is some
> ways away to get your true real world speed.
> If you test to a local server you are supposed to always get the full 100%
> speed of your connection, as I did above.

That got me interested in testing a variety of locations. West Coast is
great, even Chicago is great, but the NE corridor is awful, including DC. I
actually did the DC test but it was so bad I didn't copy the link. I haven't
monitored this in years, but the MAE East POP used to be a huge bottleneck
on the Internet. I would have thought with all the growth of the DC area
Internet services, especially government, that the telcos would have put
sufficient resources into fixing that problem.

San Diego
http://www.speedtest.net/result/459486971.png

San Jose
http://www.speedtest.net/result/459488592.png