On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Zaphod  wrote:

> So I'm painfully listening to the Mike Gallagher show to hear the Nate
> Phelps interview.  The Fox News update came on and one of the stories
> was "Stuck in traffic, blame it on Obama" and the story went on to say
> that the public works package would mean more highway work thus, more
> traffic jams.

Did you see the link I posted to the Peggy Noonan column? It tells the story
on what is going on right now in conservative circles. Here is my short
list:

- The Republicans lost the last two Congressional elections, not because of
Bush (no, seriously, stop laughing), but because they have become a party of
exclusion.

- The Republican leadership, with the notable exception of Michael Steele,
seems to be fine with having a small number of very conservative party
members in office rather than expanding the reach of the party. And we all
know how Steele got slapped down by his own party for daring to reach out.

-  The Republicans right now might as well be the Evangelical Party. They
have scared away almost everyone else.

The party is totally bereft of ideas (at least ideas that ordinary people
don't laugh/cringe at), bleeding membership, and engaging in the worst sort
of sore loser crybaby antics imaginable.

As for Fox, they seem to have taken a cue from the angst among their
viewers. The great irony here is that part of the blame lies with liberal
honcho Ted Turner, who invented the 24 news cycle that drives the need to
come up with some new bit of news, however trivial, every single day.

As goofy as some of the commentary on Fox is right now, it is still better
than CNN, which is practically unwatchable. And let's not even get into
MSNBC, the crappiest cable network in the history of cable networks. We
could produce better shows just with the people on this list.