> Judah wrote:
> One of the prime movers behind the idea of outcome-based medicine,
> which tries to emphasize using medical approaches that have been
> scientifically proven to be worthwhile, is the huge number of
> mammograms and PSA tests that are not clinically indicated.

Or statin drugs which aren't clinically effective and can have the
nasty side effect of killing you.

But now that we've forked this thread I think it's important to stratify:

* System broken, do something: just about everyone on the list

* System not broken, do nothing: Sam?

I say this to point out that, in the end, we're mostly on the same
side, we're only differing in the how.

It's a big philosophical difference, granted, but most of us are on
the same side.