You do realize that Gates is an Obama advisor too, right Sam? And you
know that arms control means trying to prevent proliferation which is
the point behind the missile shield, right?

In the NYT article you linked to, Gates quotes the President of Poland
as being happy with the move. I'm not sure where you are getting the
slight of hand or the political blunder bit from. It was a strategic
move to try and do a better job meeting a goal. Clearly explained and
pretty straight forward. I'm sure that Bruce understands the systems
involved better than I, but it wasn't too tough for me to figure out
either.

I swear, Obama needs to declare the Public Option a threat to
humanity, just so every right-wing jackass will reflexively jump on
the bandwagon cheering for it because it is opposite of what Obama
says. Its like dealing with balky toddlers.

Judah