the thing is the perception. Under Bush there was a significant
reaction to his you're with us or agin us. And this was from
conservatives. That's the point I am making. these people are not any
where near the left wing, they are tories through and through. The
point is that if conservatives had this reaction to Bush, then any
positive change in their perception is a good thing.

The point being is that there is also a very different attitude that
is perceived towards the rest of the world by the US. Instead of do it
this way or else, its more of a cooperative thing.