I have an idea.

Each team can line up any 11 players it chooses, at it's own 20 yard line.
The football is suspended 50 feet in the air above the 50 yard line. At the
sound of the horn, both teams can start sprinting towards mid field...at the
same time, the ball drops...and bounces wherever gravity and chaos theory
says it's going to bounce.

Whoever recovers the ball, their team gets the first possession right there.
Sudden death.