On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Won Lee <won...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would think if Oregon or USC went undefeated they would probably would get
> the invite over Tex.  Oregon St and Standford would probably have gotten
> snubbed due to their preseason rankings if TEX and FLA/BAMA went undefeated.

I agree that if a team from the Pac-10 or Big-10 goes undefeated, they
are going to get a serious look at the national title game. I'm just
saying that it is much harder to go undefeated in either of those
leagues than it is in the SEC because of the way that the SEC
structures the league and the schedule. No way in hell you'll see
Florida schedule a home and home with Boise State as the first game of
the year. They have the money to have a bye week against FIU instead.

The Big 10 and the Pac 10 have their up years and their down years.
The Big 10 is more down recently and the Pac 10 has been more up. I'm
old enough to remember when the opposite was true. But getting through
either of them undefeated is a chore no matter what year you do it in.

Boise State, TCU, Cinci...they want to schedule the big boys more
often. Short of a playoff system, I'd love to see the BCS and/or Div I
folks come down and figure out how to get more Alabama-TCU,
Texas-Boise State games earlier in the season.

Juda