> Is there a technet article that talks about this? Or any
> other article?

Google might help you with that, I don't have anything bookmarked off hand.
The script is just a text file with the commands that you need to have
executed, such as:

open ftp.example.com
user
your-username
your-password
cd /some_folder/
binary
GET some_file.zip
quit

You can execute the script from a batch/command file by calling the
command-line FTP client as such:

ftp -n -s:FTPScript.txt

The -n tells it not to prompt for the username/password when you connect
(you send the user command in the script to get that going), and the -s
tells it which file contains the scripted commands to run (above).  For some
of our applications (MLS data imports primarily) we have ColdFusion connect
to the server and go to the folder and get a file listing, then generate the
command script dynamically before calling a batch file which executes it to
do the downloads.

-Justin Scott