So, I finally got my mythtv system set up and finally cut the
satellite!  I've ripped a whole bunch of the girls dvd's to the system
so that it's easier for them to watch them.  Plus it's pretty cool the
way it downloads all the metadata about the movies.

Anyway, I realized how easy it would be to make our family videos
available for us to watch with this system.  For the past few days,
I've been diligently importing the tapes, exporting out video files
and repeating....this is a long and tedious process.  I've got
approximately 60 1 hour long tapes worth of video.  At first I thought
that was quite a bit, but now as I'm watching them, starting with the
birth of my 1st daughter, on through today, I'm starting to think I
should have captured a lot more.

So, really, this is a message to the new mom's and dad's on this list.
 Even if you're like me and would much rather grab the DSLR, grab the
video camera.  Some of the most powerful things I've watched this past
week are mundane events normally such as my then 1.5 year old trying
to lead me through the house, with "come dada", so that I could turn
on the "pooter" so she could play Telly Tubbies.

Pictures are awesome, don't get me wrong, but when you can hear your
babies saying "da!" on the video, it's even better.

--
I'm searching
I'm yearning