We'll take care of everyone with the UAV's

-----Original Message-----
From: Vivec [mailto:gel21...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 2:46 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Russia fires back at US F22 - The Russian T-50

Here's some more Western competition, the JSF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbnWg4v6iHk

Notice how 'easy' the avionics are for this aircraft, compared to the
extensive switches and procedures that pilots must go through today to
designate a target.
Touchscreens, point the radar...and move the 'mouse' cursor to where
you want your bombs to hit. Click...Click...
When you get the SHOOT cue...Fire.

This 'simple' act is horrendously complicated in even the F16 of a
short time ago.

No idea if Russia paid as much attention to reducing pilot workload,
but they haven't brought out an iPad so maybe they don't have the
experience ;-) lol!

I don't know about the F22 running rings around the T-50. All the
analysis I've seen suggests that the two will be quite close.
The F22 has been in the news for outlandish failures..such as having
difficulty with avionics flying in heavy rain, in Production aircraft.
Usually the Russian systems are simple and rugged, if less attractive.