Not exactly.

I remember hearing it when I first came to the states and it was old then. I
based my the period on the style and though I got the right decade I was a
little off on which side. I'd associate the late sixties more with Jimi
Hendrix and Janis Joplin.
But why would I be embarrassed at remembering them? Pretending to be 18 is
so last-century. This is the century of the fruitbat, damn it.  (Sorry for
the gratuitous terry pratchett).