I think there is a difference between being a 'Republican' and being a
'conservative'. Just like there is a difference between being a
'Democrat' and a 'liberal'.

I think when it comes to fiscal policy, I would tend to be more
conservative, but when it comes to social policy, I am definitely more
liberal.