Miller was a rock in goal. Luongo was good but not as good as he can
be, he gave up too many rebounds when they started passing less and
shooting more.

That really was a fantastic game. I knew that Patrick Kane was good,
but damn, that kid came up huge in a situation as pressure packed as
this at such a young age. He can skate circles around people. Chicago
is going to be a beast to deal with if they can land a solid goalie
and keep Kane and Toewes.

I swear that Rafalski was on the ice the entire match, making plays
every single shift. Great defensive effort by the US keeping Canada's
top lines quiet for most of the game. They made a couple of mistakes
that need to not happen when you want to win a gold medal, but totally
solid for the bulk of the game.

Canada had too many skill players when it went to 4 on 4 in overtime.
The US forecheck that had been so good for most the of the game,
physical and fast, couldn't clog up enough ice. Iginla and Crosby
finally connect and I can't hate on them for that, it was a fine play.

Brilliant match and I hope that it helps push popularity of hockey
further in the US.

Go Canada.

Judah